COMTRUST Federal Credit Union recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information about you, our members and others who visit our website. We believe that all personal and financial information specific to you that you provide to us through any channel constitutes personal information. You may give us personal information when you apply for membership, request a product or service, when you use online banking (Online Banking Account Access and Bill Payment) or when you send us email. To ensure that your application and/or transaction remain confidential, the information is sent to us in a secure session utilizing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. You can also help maintain the security of your information by not sharing your ID or password with anyone, by changing your password regularly, and by remembering to sign off.
This policy describes our information gathering and disclosure practices for our Internet Website and email obtained at www.comtrustfcu..com.
- Our website utilizes online applications for consumer loans, bill payment, credit cards and membership. The information you supply to us is used only to process the application, service the account and provide you with credit union membership benefits.
- Access to your online personal information is restricted. Your personal information can only be accessed by COMTRUST Federal Credit Union personnel responsible for completing your request and/or transaction. Subsequent access to your information by credit union personnel is done to complete additional requests or transactions that you have authorized.
- If you send us information by email, we will retain the communication for a period of time in order to ensure quality member service. This information is used by our staff to assure that we have adequately addressed your inquiry and to handle any follow up questions you may have. Your email address will not be sold, nor will it be shared with others outside the credit union, unless we are required to do so by law.
- Information we collect about you. We collect the information we need to provide the products and services you request from us in a safe and sound manner. For example, when you apply for an account or loan with COMTRUST Federal Credit Union, we collect your name, your address, your social security number, and sufficient information about you to evaluate your ability to meet your financial obligations to us.
- Our servers collect standard, non-identifying information about visits to our site, such as date and time visited, domain name, number of times a page is visited, length of user session, etc. This information is used to compile standard statistics on site usage and to evaluate the usefulness of our site.
- Information we share about you. All Credit Union staff and volunteers are trained to keep your personal information confidential. We maintain secure physical premises and up-to-date security features on our on-line systems. If we disclose information about you to third parties for the purposes of providing or marketing our products or services, we require those parties to sign agreements that they will keep your information confidential. Those third parties will disclose information about you only with your permission, as required by law, or as necessary to provide products or services that you request.
- COMTRUST Federal Credit Union stores no member or account information on our web server, which is accessed by the public. All on-line banking sessions and bill pay transactions are authenticated and encrypted with the highest level of security protection available.
- You may have access to your information. As a member of our credit union, you may review your information and make changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
Protecting your privacy is an on-going process for us. We will continue to review the measures we take to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. If you have any questions that are not answered in this policy or if you require additional explanation, please contact us.
Why is there a policy?
- Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives
consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we
collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand
what we do.
What type of information is collected?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have
with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- credit history and credit scores
- income and payment history
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this
How is my personal information used?
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday
business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’
personal information; the reasons COMTRUST Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether
you can limit this sharing.
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences
|We don't share
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
|We don't share
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
|We don't share
How does COMTRUST Federal Credit Union protect my personal information?
- To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use
security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer
safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does COMTRUST Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or make a wire transfer
- show your government-issued ID or provide account information
- show us your driver's license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus,
affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes
– information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What is COMTRUST's definition of Affiliates?
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and
- COMTRUST Federal Credit Union has no affiliates
What is COMTRUST's definition of Nonaffiliates?
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and
- COMTRUST Federal Credit Union does not share with our nonaffiliates so they
can market to you.
What is Joint Marketing?
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market
financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include insurance companies.